15.12.14

New Directions and New Webtoons

I have begun doing new things, for example reading korean webtoons. This started out of necessity, because in my very stressful life lately I don't even have time to sleep anymore, so instead of watching anime or reading long manga chapters, I found out that reading webtoons is so much more quickly but still entertaining. Of course I have been reading webtoons for a long time, but lately they are the only things that I read daily.

And another factor is that now they are even easier to read. With the new Line app from Naver (a popular korean website where you can normally read webtoons) it's very easy and comfortable to read and keep track of all the things I'm reading at the same time. For example, it remembers the number of the chapter you stopped reading in, or it gives you a notification when a new chapter is out. Maybe the translations aren't perfect, but they're good enough that I don't need to complain. And in a busy day I can take less than five minutes reading the latest chapter in my phone while I'm having breakfast. In short is perfect, and the even better part is that there are many series coming out all the time so there's something always new to read.

So if you want to give this webtoon thing a go I'll give you a few recommendations first so you can be tempted to start.

If you like romance stuff there's Cheese in the Trap, that it's about the daily life of a college girl, and her many dilemmas with annoying people and the mysterious but handsome Jung.
If you like action stuff there's Tower of God, it's the classic shounen story so I hadn't wanted to read it before but I took a leap, and boy I'm so not disappointed! It's about a boy called Bam that while chasing his friend Rachel enters a tower, and in order to reunite with her has to go through many tests to go up each level of the tower. But what I liked it's that is not just only fighting, it has a lot of psychological stuff in each test and the characters are smart and funny.
And if you like horror stuff and zombies, then Dead Days is the webtoon for you. It's the classic zombie story where suddenly everybody in the world is infected, and the story is basically about how this pair of kids survives. But what really gets me is the art, because it's so well done that you feel like you're watching a movie and I wouldn't be surprised if you jump scared or gag while reading this one. It's very realistic.
So that's it, it was really hard to pick my favorite ones to talk about, so maybe I'll write another post about the ones missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment