8.10.12

Cherrybomb


I really suffered this weekend, I didn't have internet for three days!!! and I had to attend stupid balls! But I saw this movie with Rupert Grint. It's called Cherrybomb and it has the classic british feeling like Skins. It's about some lost teens that drink alcohol, take drugs and commit crimes to escape their shitty lives. Love it!

This guy is sooo hot!!

And while I didn't have internet I read this book, it's like a soap opera, really fun, if you want to know what I think about it read bellow...

The Tenant of Wildfell HallThe Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I guess this is a really dramatic book considering the time it was written. In a large part of the book there is a sense of mystery that keeps you hooked to the book just because you want to find out what is the real identity of the tenant of Wildfell Hall. Something that I liked is the change of narrator because it's really weird for this kind of book to have a male narrator, but it's good weird. You get to know the different point of view of the character. And honestly, at first Helen acts like such a bitch, but when you get to know her part of the story you understands why she acts in a certain way. I was also put off by some of her puritan beliefs and attitudes but I got to understand why she thinks the way she does. She is a true heroine so you can't help but wish happiness for her, although I have to admit that in some parts I also wished very bad things for certain people... Something that was missing is that I would like to know more of the story of Hattersley. I like how he is one of the few characters that reforms himself and truly learns to appreciate his wife. But what is best is that this is one of the first feminist books, in that Helen Huntingdon is able to gather the courage to leave her husband and start a life by herself for the sake of her son.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment