24.10.12

The Princess of Iowa

 I just made a review of the book I've been reading the past three days (I think...) but if feels like I've hardly read lately, it's like the days just banish....

The Princesses of IowaThe Princesses of Iowa by M. Molly Backes

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Read this book if you're tired of perfect heroines, this one keeps it real!, not in the "Oh, I'm such a normal and plain girl" way, but more in a "I can't stand this girl" kind of way. She's the popular mean girl that everyone adores but is such a bitch sometimes... so at the beginning of the book there are points where you can't stand her, but as the book goes on she kind of grows on you.

As for the way the author writes, sometimes you wonder if she just sucks at writing or maybe she decided to keep it as simple as possible. There are points where it changes from present tense to past and you just wonder, What the hell is going on?!!! but there are also moments where even if it seems badly written, it manages to suck you into the story. It deals a lot with the issue of driving drunk, so at some points it feels like a campaign against drinking and driving. But the combination of the author's way of writing and the driving drunk stuff manages to take you into a nightmare (or blurry dream) that you can't escape from even if you want to. But I liked the story, in the it was good enough... kind of way, but I guess I was a little cliché at the end, but not bad cliché if you like soapy romance.



View all my reviews

So this is review of cools things I've posted on Tumblr lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment