18.12.10

Fortfarande larä...

So if you take the time to read this blog you should´ve alredy noticed that I´m DEEPLY influenced by swedish culture and specially it´s language. Most people probably think it´s stupid to learn such a language but I didn´t start to learn it like something important, it was just a way to have fun and I loved how it looks when it´s written and spoken. So I guess that after a year of reading blogs mostly in swedish (that I really love and of course want to know what they´re speaking about) so eventually I started learning a lot of words in swedish by reading blogs in swedish that included a translation.

At first, I was surprised that I could understand it so easily like if I was reading portugese or french (that btw I can understand most of what it´s written down and can understand parts of spoken portugese probably because my native language is spanish but that sadly is not the case with spoken french). After a time I had an idea of what was written down and then I started listening to swedish band Kent a LOT!!! so when I listened to the songs I printed the song´s lyrics and their translations provided by Google´s translate (that btw is one of the best tools you can find in the internet but many people don´t understand any of it´s life changing potential and end up don´t understanding a lot of webpages... baka!). Right now I´m able to understand most part of written swedish even before I´m able to learn german that I started learning since I was four years old but stalled at different phases of my life... The thing is that my understanding of english and basic german was the decisive factor that made it easy for me to learn swedish because it turns out that swedish is most similar to... surprise!.. english and german!!!!!!!!!!!! haha... : D hilarious, isn´t it?

So the thing I decided to write this post but kind of lost the point there by a while, it´s that I was learning the swedish language history when I stumbled in this old norse alpabets:
So I learned how old norse was divided between west and east and then I discored this old runes alphabets like the Elder Futhark and Younger Futhark. The good thing is that danish is very similar so I if learn the little diferences I will able to speak two languages and even be able to slightly understand norwegian. Of course finnish and russian are out of the question... too difficult... First, I´ll finish learning german and then learn french, portugese and italian. haha XD

No comments:

Post a Comment