31.10.10

Gossip Girl - Cecily von Ziegesar

Okay.. I know this books aren´t on my original list but after watching some seasons of the tv show I became curious with the original story and when I see the beginning of a story I always want to know the end. (yeah.. I´m weird like that...haha) But when I started reading the books I was surprised to find that the novels are very different from the tv show but in a good way. There are so many things they explain in the novels and you get to know the characters so much better, for example in the tv shows they appear like this elite perfect bunch of teenagers that are always betraying one another and only interested in having fun but in the novels you get to know their imperfections. Now I´m so much sympathetic for Blair and don´t like Dan so much now haha. I totally hate his attitude of "Oh.. I´m so smart and I love to write depressing stuff all the time" and then Serena is also a very confusing character now.

But oh well, I´m very hooked up on it know and I´ll read the 13 books till the end. haha (Right now, I´m on the sixth book but it´s been really hard to get them on english and I only seem to find them in portugese... : ( You say, oh but who cares?? go ahead and read them on portugese! but NO!!! I like to read books on their original language so they are able to preserve their magic. haha) And I´m also reading another book that is not in the list but should be! I´ll tell you about that book soon!!! I won´t be able to update tomorrow because I´m gonna go out and eat "fiambre" in honor of all the spirits.

It´s like the best dish ever and you MUST TASTE IT!!! if you ever come to Guatemala. And I always have to battle to finish it. haha But it´s SO DELICIOUS!!! And by the way HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! (Today I´m in the mood of using caps all the time : ))

No comments:

Post a Comment